Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Living a Fantasy

I haven't used this blog in quite some time - I've been blogging with my wife here. However, I was recently inspired by a friend's post of a list of her top ten fictional characters she would like to meet someday, and decided to have a go. As an enthusiast of sic-fi and fantasy in both literature and television, my imagination had a LOT of fun with this one. So, may the adventure begin.

10. Doctor Who - the David Tennant version, NOT Matt Smith. I can't stand his bulbous looking chin.

9. Arthur Dent, from "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy." Seriously. One of the funniest books I've ever read.

8. Optimus Prime. Yeah I know, the Transformer movies have been... lacking, but that doesn't change the fact that Optimus is one freaking cool kick-ass robot. 

7. Robert Langdon, from "The Da Vinci Code." But only so I could punch him the face for wasting my time reading about him in that terrible book.

6. Lord Mhoram, from "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever." For anyone unfamiliar with the series, the main character Thomas Covenant is a thoroughly unpleasant main character and protagonist, and not someone whose company I would likely enjoy. However, his friend Lord Mhoram is very wise and kind-hearted, and I think spending an hour with him would likely be inspiring. Plus he sometimes sees the future, so, duh.

5. Ender Wiggin. Recently adapted into film, Ender is the main character of the book "Ender's Game" and four follow up books by Orson Scott Card. Actually, not only would I love to meet Ender, but I'd also want him to Speak at my funeral. Yeah, just read the books.

4. Admiral Adama, the unflappable commander of the Battlestar Galactica. Actually, I'd love to meet the whole flipping crew of the Galactica, but if I had to pick one, I'd pick Adama. Cause, he's just awesome. 

3. Malcom Reynolds, captain of the ship Serenity, star of one of my all-time favorite shows, "Firefly." Honestly, I'd rather just join the crew of the Serenity, but I could settle for meeting Mal. 

2. Han Solo. Need I say more? 

1. And finally, Coach Taylor, from "Friday Night Lights." Because "Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose." 

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great list!
    Can I hang out with y'all?
    Love,
    The Wife

    ReplyDelete